DISCLOSURE, WAIVER, and ACCEPTANCE of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
Your participation in cold water immersion carries medical risks, including accelerated and irregular heartbeat. All forms of cold exposure result in vasoconstriction, a closure of the blood vessels in the fingers, hands, arms, toes, feet, and legs. Cold water immersion is a particularly powerful method for inducing cold water shock, thereby activating the autonomic nervous system to induce physiological responses, including: thermogenesis, brown fat recruitment, endocrine activation (including thyroid stimulation and norepinephrine production), and accelerated breath rate. Additionally, cold water immersion typically creates panic response (fight or flight) that elevates physiological and psychological markers of stress.
If you have a history of, or suspect, heart abnormalities, you must consult with your physician prior to participating in cold water immersion.
Never plunge face down in cold water. Immersion of the face (including nose and mouth) interrupts breath, which is the most important mechanism of parasympathetic control, and may result in a dangerous condition called “autonomic conflict” resulting in heart arrhythmia and possible death.
You enter the ice at your own risk.
Your participation in cold water immersion requires that you understand and agree to the following:
• Your participation is voluntary.
• You may exit the ice bath at any time.
• You accept personal responsibility for your experience.
• You have been informed of and assume all risk of injury, including serious injury, personal, trauma, or death.
• You release Cold Confidence LLC and its officers, employees, agents, and affiliates from any liability resulting from or connected to your participation.
• You will indemnify and hold harmless Cold Confidence LLC and its officers, employees, agents, and affiliates from any claims, including the expense of litigation, associated with your participation—including charges made by third parties.
• You are at least 18 years old.
Please acknowledge that you understand this Disclaimer, Waiver, and Acceptance of Personal Responsibility by affixing your signature and contact information below.